Seal Your Juvenile Record In Sacramento and Northern California

Get Your California or Sacramento Record Sealed

If you have a sustained petition in juvenile delinquency court you may be able to have your “record sealed.” Welfare and Institutions Code Section 781 provides that a person may petition the court to have their record sealed. This erases your prior cases and may be required for employment or to enlist in military. If your juvenile record does not have serious or violent felonies you probably will be able to have it sealed.

Juveniles are not found guilty; the correct terminology is “sustained” charges. Several different agencies may have records of these. A record seal will direct them to “seal” the records. The judge will also declare, if the record seal is granted, that the charges for all intents and purposes “never happened.” Court records, sheriff, police, Department of Justice, and Probation Department records will be sealed.

Wnen records are sealed, a person may legally state that he/she has no prior juvenile record.

Some people are under the mistaken notion that records are automatically “sealed” or “dismissed” when a person turns 18. However, that is not the law. You must petition the court to seal your records.

If you are interested in having your record sealed in the Sacramento region and Northern California, you may contact the Law Office of Mark S. Mayfield at (916) 363-1211 or click HERE.